Our client is seeking a Credit Underwriter / Analyst to join their team assessing Non – Conforming / Higher risk loan applications.
The successful candidate will have a proactive approach to requesting additional information and clarification to successfully approve higher risk loans for clients with backgrounds that include Bankruptcy, delinquency and poor loan conduct.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Intimate and deep knowledge of car loan lending
- Understand the product matrixes and be able to relate the rules to actual loan applications
- Credit policy compliance
- Risk analysis
- Team player and an able communicator
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation i.e. NCCP, Privacy Act, AML/CTF
- Knowledge of loan settlement procedures
- Knowledge of collections
Required Qualifications include:
- At least 5 years in banking or finance with extensive experience in a car loan or an asset finance approval role exercising a DLA of no less than $50,000.
- Must hold and exercise a current DLA.
- High level of common sense and problem solving nature, inquisitive.
- Must have clear communication skills with the ability to explain credit decisions and provide guidance on the acceptance criteria and credit assessment process.
- You must have a strong work ethic, be able to work autonomously and have strong personality in order to handle often conflicting demands of the job.
- Must have completed Certificate IV in Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking).
Salary for this role in the $70 – $80k Range depending on experience and suitability. CBD Location.
For more information or to apply, Contact: